Total Hose Inc. brings over 34 years of experience in the hydraulic and industrial hose fields, as well as the accessories market. They currently represent Parker Fluid Connectors, as well as other Parker lines, and have two Parker Stores. With the addition of Air Hydro Power’s product lines, Total Hose will have complete Automation, Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Hose and Fitting offerings.
Smart Vision Lights' recently introduced its DDL Dome Light Series. These lights are designed to read code, eliminate reflections, and shadows, while provide extreme uniformity and repeatable illumination for challenging vision inspections.
The DDL Dome Lights feature the new Multi-Drive integrated lighting controller. This Technology allows the user to run the array in Constant ON operation or pulse/strobe the light at a MUCH higher intensity level without any other devices. The built-in Multi-Drive protects the LEDs from premature degradation and failure caused by excessive heat by regulating the current delivered to the LEDs and limiting the duty cycle of the light. Available in 100mm, 150mm, and 200mm dome diameters.
The DT50-2 Pro offers a new range of possibilities for distance measurement, including 10 m on black targets and 30 m on white, repeatability of 0.5 mm, 3,000 measurements per second, wide range of operating temperatures (-40°C to 65°C), and IP 67 rating.
The Dx50-2 sensors feature an intuitive display, saving time during installation and commissioning. The settings for speed, sensing range, and repeatability can be adjusted to suit every possible application. All of this in a compact housing!
- Measuring range up to 10 m on black targets and up to 30 m on white targets
- Output rate up to 3,000/s
- Repeatability: 0.5 mm to 5 mm
- Reliable, patented HDDM™ time-of-flight technology
- Temperatures from –40 °C to +65 °C thanks to rugged metal housing with LCD
- IO-Link, analog and switching output (three switching modes available for selection)
- Enclosure rating IP 65 and IP 6
This Redundant Safety Exhaust Valve is a control reliable double valve with integrated adjustable soft start for Category 4 (Cat. 4) Performance Level e (PLe) Applications in accordance with the European Machine Directive ISO 3849-1. The E28 can be used stand-alone or modularly mounted with the 18 / 28 Wilkerson FRL.
With proven control reliability and integrated soft start, these valves reduce and then gradually increase the downstream pressure that is supplied to actuators from a safe low initial value, to the higher values that the machines demand; thereby protecting personnel and equipment from the sudden shock loads that can damage components or injure people.
Soft start application of air to the system when energized; can be adjusted for slower or faster buildup of system pressure
Rapid exhaust of downstream air when de-energized to remove stored energy and allow safe access.
- Reset can only be accomplished by the integrated electrical (solenoid) reset. Cannot be reset by removing and re-applying supply pressure.
Mitsubishi Electric MR-JN One-touch Servo System
MR-JN family of products are easy-to-use, compact servo amplifiers that feature simple operation functions such as true one-touch tuning, vibration suppression, and include two built-in programming options for easy commissioning. The MR-JN offers high-performance operation control with a much simpler process brining optimal performance to your factory line..
MR-JN 100/200VAC Servo Amplifiers are available in up to 400W and are compatible with pulse train interfaces.
MLG-2 Measuring Automation Light Grids
The MLG-2 intelligent automation light grid product family sets a new standard in terms of resolutions, response times, evaluation options and ease of use. The MLG-2 can detect anything, from transparent or small objects to fast-moving ones, even when there is hardly anything to detect at all.
- High-resolution light grid: Available with beam separation of 2.5 mm (coming soon), 5 mm, 10 mm, 25 mm, and 50 mm
- Measuring field lengths from 150 mm to 3,200 mm
- "High-speed scan" function with triple scanning speed
- "Transparent mode" function for detecting transparent materials
Improved Design on Bag Lip for piGRIP Suction Cups
Piab introduces the next generation of piGRIP® bag lips, known as "BGI". These lips include an internal retainer piece as well as three additional diameter sizes. The bag lips are ideal for handling different types of bag materials, especially hard-to-handle thin bag material, such as plastic film. The six diameter sizes now at 25, 34, 41, 48, 63 & 80 mm provides a larger range of sizes for choosing the exact cup for the handling application.Beside regular plastic bags for dry food (e.g. chips), the new piGRIP® bag lips were designed to have an excellent grip on stand-up-pouches filled with liquid or dry/wet food/substances. The range of diameter sizes now allows for very small and/or oblong narrow flexible packages (fast-food ketchup packs) to be handled by the smallest 25 mm size. The largest size, 80 mm, addresses the need for handling heavy bags or sacks such as animal feed sacks.
TranspaTect Photoelectric Sensor
Thanks to new technologies from SICK, TranspaTect MultiTask photoelectric sensors are now able to detect transparent and semitransparent trays and bottles without the need for reflectors, a frequent source of errors. In these applications, the reference surface is provided by a stable matte background. Sensitivity is taught in simply by pressing the teach-in button. Even high-gloss, reflective, or uneven surfaces can be detected reliably. Combined with AutoAdapt, SICK’s function for continuous threshold adaptation, TranspaTect sensors provide a cost-effective and reliable detection solution in packaging processes in the food and beverage, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Reliable detection of transparent and semitransparent objects without a reflector
- Reliable detection of objects regardless of color or surface qualities
- Freedom of machine design: no mounting system for the installation of a reflector required
- Quick commissioning: there is no need to mount a reflector or precisely adjust the sensor
- High operational safety: if the background becomes contaminated, object detection will continue uninterrupted
- Machine downtime is minimized: the integrated AutoAdapt function extends the time between cleanings
- Heightened productivity: mechanical and chemical ruggedness due to the metal housing
FR-A800 Variable Frequency Drive
Mitsubishi Electric Automation Introduces the A800 All-in-One Variable Frequency Drive that is fast, dependable, easy to use, and easy to integrate and install. The A800 Series inverter combines traditional induction and permanent magnet motors into a single solution, providing high performance response and energy-efficient motor control.
Because of its flexibility, the A800 can be used throughout an entire facility, reducing training, inventory and support. Rather than requiring a unique VFD for each application, the A800 frequency controller can support multiple applications, ultimately reducing costs for the end user.
The A800 comes in traditional chassis style, large system/component style and fully enclosed, severe environment style configurations. It is available in 200, 400, 575 and 690 voltage classes.
piSECURE is a decentralized vacuum pump for sealed applications with high safety requirements in case of power or system failure. The safety function is based on a separate extra sealed vacuum non-return valve (check valve).
piSECURE utilizes COAX® technology as well as an improved sealing capability for safety and automatic energy saving system for maximum efficiency and reduced energy consumption. piSECURE can advantageously also be used in robot handling applications of high value sealed objects, i.e. high cost for dropped part in case of power failure. Examples are shaped glass and metal sheets in body assembly and general assembly of cars.
- 15 minute hold in case of power failure
- Provides sealing performance far beyond standard norms
- Decentralized-one cup’s failure does not affect others
- Possibility to monitor vacuum with gauge or vacuum switch
- 50% faster response time with COAX® vacuum technology
- 100% tight vacuum check valve
- Up to 99% energy reduction with Energy saving (ES) version
- Filter protects non-return valve for greater reliability in dusty environments
- Handled part can be safely placed with low-opening pressure blow-off
- Eliminate expensive vacuum tank
GOT2000 Graphic Operation Terminal
The GOT2000 inherits all the features of our popular GOT1000 series, and introduces a more refined and advanced function set. The GOT2000 boasts advanced functionality, acts as a seamless gateway to other industrial automation devices, all while increasing productivity and efficiency. The high quality display is designed to optimize operator control and monitoring of device and line statuses. If you are looking for an intuitive operation terminal, the new tablet-like operability and the higher functionality of operation terminal makes the GOT2000 the ideal choice.
This new generation of operator interface products offers advanced features such as an intuitive gesture touch interface and a multitude of communications options including a wireless LAN interface. Other features include an SD card interface, expansion slots for optional communication, dual processors, and multi-touch control.
Software update expands tuning and test mode options for DataMan fixed-mount ID readers
DataMan® 5.2 software release with expanded tuning and scripting capability as well as a new test mode for its popular DataMan 300 and 503 series of barcode readers. The new software significantly increases read rates by decoding lower resolution 1-D codes and extending intelligent tuning capabilities to all symbologies, including Aztec, MaxiCode and PDF417. The software release includes the high-performance Hotbars™ algorithm, which handles both 1-D and PDF417 barcodes.
This software release extends that advanced capability to other symbologies, such as 1-D barcodes, MaxiCode and QR codes. These new tuning capabilities bring proven, industry-leading technology to code reading applications in consumer products, logistics, food, beverage and automotive.
The Pro-Face PS4600 features an ICore processor, creating a powerful system for any production floor. Its aluminum housing adds to the PC's durability, while its multiple I/O ports lend to its flexibility. These units provide more robust storage options, along with quick and easy storage expansion. The bright and crisp TFT color display is also complemented with different screen size options. There are also stainless steel options for the PS4600 series, which supports ATEX.
- 12.1-inc TFT Color LCD
- Hard Drive, C Fast Drive, SSD (Solid State Drive)
- UPS Battery options for data protection
- Touch Creen
- Up to 4 COM Ports
The rack-free design promotes high system flexibility with minimum form factor. The single-CPU architecture includes built-in Ethernet and Mini-USB interfaces, a SD/SDHC memory card slot for program storage and data logging, and 24 I/O for positioning and high-speed counter functions. The enhanced CPU also includes a CC-Link V2 Master/Local station for connection to the powerful open field network.
The compact size, easy expandability, networking capabilities, and multitude of built-in high-powered functions makes the L Series ideal for both stand-alone machines as well as networked stations in larger applications. The L Series is fully supported by iQ Works software suite, which brings all the benefits of MELSOFT Navigator network configuration setup, System Label and structured programming, and dedicated GT16 screens for troubleshooting and maintenance.
Sick Flexi Loop meets the demand for a cost-effective way to cascade safety switches and sensors within a machine while also supporting diagnostics.
Flexi Loop makes it possible to cascade up to 32 safety sensors while maintaining the highest level of safety . Regardless of the manufacturer, any combination of safety switches and safety sensors with OSSD outputs can be used, providing continuous diagnosis of all door switches, emergency stop push-buttons and sensors.
- Ability to cascade 32 sensors with up to 30 m per segment in compliance with performance level PLe
- Compatible with all sensors from other manufacturers
- Transfer of detailed diagnostic information
- Integrated standard inputs and outputs
- Power supply for sensors is included
- Connection of the sensors via unscreened standard cable with M12 plug
- IP 67 enclosure rating
Tolomatic has just released two new sizes of ERD electric cylinders that are hygienically designed, IP69K rated with an USDA Accepted Equipment Certification for meat (livestock), poultry, and dairy food processing applications.
- Thrust capacities to 4500 lbf [20,017 N]
- Increased strokes to 39.4 inches [1000 mm]
- Increased speed capacities to 57.5 inches [1460.5 mm]
- Choice of ball, or roller screws
- Lowest cost stainless steel actuator– with IP69K as standard equipment available out of the catalog with fast delivery
With the expanded force range the ERD can handle the most demanding jobs such as pressing, cutting, chopping and can replace most pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders with excellent efficiency and operating flexibility.
Maxpro Technologies introduces the Maximator ultra high pressure gas boosters. These boosters are capable of providing pressures of 25,000 psi, 30,0000 psi and 36,000 psi, making them ideal for industries that require very high pressure gas testing.
Maximator gas boosters are an excellent alternative to high pressure stationary type compressors. These boosters offer a compact, lightweight design that requires no electrical power or lubrication, thereby providing a more flexible and efficient source for delivering high pressure gas.
For the greatest combination of pressure and compression ratios, the ultra-high pressure, double acting-two stage-double and triple air head models are ideal. All MAXPRO gas boosters are available with an optional air control unit (ACP). This package consists of an air filter, regulator with gauge, shutoff valve and necessary fittings and hose for plumbing unregulated pilot port.
Balluff Ultrasonic Sensors -
Distance Measurement and Position Detection
BUS ultrasonic sensors are perfect for either distance measurement, or position detection of granules, fluids and powders. They measure fill levels, heights and sag without making contact as well as count and monitor the presence of objects.
They are extremely versatile, operate independently of color and surface finish, and are not affected by transparent objects that generate strong reflections. Ultrasonic sensors are precise, versatile, and designed for critical situations. Dust, dirt and steam do not present a problem.
- High precision detection range from 20mm to 8m
- Independent of color and surface finish
- Available as a switching or analog version
- Analog output can be 0-10 V or 4-20 mA
The Balluff smart light can be connected to virtually any industrial network via the open and universal standard, IO-Link. This device can be used with a variety of IP67 distributed modular I/O products offered from a variety of IO-Link vendors which eliminates the need to have a remote I/O box simply to control an indicator light. Balluff’s smart light can function in any of three modes, can be configured on the fly, and is controlled using simple bitmaps for the outputs.
Stack Light Mode:
- Program 1-5 positions of 20 rows of 360° LEDs
- Choose from 5 standard colors or configure new
- Easily switch between solid, flashing, and blinking
- Tie a bar meter type scale to an analog value
- Program high level or low level indication
- Freely configure the colors, zones, and levels
- Indicate running status with a simple scrolling light
- Signal a problem or action required
- Freely configure the color or the scrolling light, background, and speed
Hygienic, Wash-down Motors and Cables for Food, Pharma, and Caustic Chemical Environments
Kollmorgen introduces their new line of robust stainless steel AKMH™ Motors based on the acclaimed AKM® series. Designed specifically to address the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), these IP69K rated synchronous servomotors feature a hygienic housing design to meet EHEDG, NSF, BISSC and 3A guidelines. The AKMH Servomotor is constructed with materials to provide long-life and trouble-free operation, even with daily exposure to chemicals and high pressure washdowns. AKMH’s single-cable solution reduces the number of potential failure modes and minimizes installation time. The smooth surface design, and use of highly corrosion-resistant 316L stainless steel, decreases the risk of product recalls by reducing the possibility of bacteria growth.
The AKM requires no additional protection and can be sanitized without covering it or removing it from the machine. s a result, food, beverage, packaging, medical, pharmaceutical and converting OEMs can design and build more reliable and productive machines that are easier and faster to clean, thus minimizing unscheduled downtime for end users.
Efficient integration, quick installation, simply safe
With the deTec4 Core, SICK sets a new standard in safety light curtains: for protection without blind zones, for automatic distance measurement, commissioning without configuration, and diagnostic codes that can be interpreted directly.
The design focuses on the core essentials, making it cost-effective, yet state-of-the-art. It offers a unique combination of features to make installation and setup quick and easy. The new deTec4 Core provides maximum safety in a new sleek design from the global market leader in safety light curtains.
- Absence of blind zones
- Resolution of 14 mm to 30 mm
- Protective field height of 300 mm to 2100 mm
- Automatic range measurement of up to 10 m
- Enclosure rating IP65/IP67
The newly released FX3S adds extra expandability making it possible to utilize analog, Ethernet and MODBUS® functions even in small-scale systems.
The FX3S is the fit-and-forget PLC solution for space and cost conscious applications requiring up to 30 I/O. This minimum-expandability, battery-less maintenance free controller is perfect for handling straightforward processes and can be hidden away in locations without regular maintenance activities.
- 3rd Generation Basic Compact PLC
- High performance with minimal size
- Integrated power supply (AC powered)
- Maintenance-free EEPROM memory
- Ample memory capacity (4000 steps) and device ranges
- Built-in USB port for the programming communication function to enable high-speed communication at 12Mbps
- Built-in positioning control
- Integrated real-time clock
Parker E-Z Form hose is designed for installations where tight bends exceed the bend radius of other hoses. Eliminates design, fabrication time and/or required tooling.
Multi-purpose (MP) products feature an oil resistant nitrile inner tube, reinforcing plies with a helical wire, and a neoprene cover.
- Temperature range: -20°F to + 180°
- 75 PSI Max. working pressure
- Full vacuum rating
General Service (GS) products feature an EPDM inner tube and cover with reinforcing plies with a helical wire.
- Temperature range: -40°F to +257°F
- 75 PSI Max. working pressure
- Full vacuum rating
The PHD Series KG Impact Sensor easily attaches to and monitors any piece of equipment that has motion. Featuring single-axis/bi-directional sensitivity, the sensor attaches to the moving part of a machine or device and monitors impact. A PLC can interpret the signal to warn of erratic operation or shut down a system to prevent catastrophic failure.
Using the KG Programmer, the KG Impact Sensor also can measure an impact and relay that value to the user. A single programmer has the ability to service an unlimited number of impact sensors throughout an entire plant.
- Bi-directional/single axis sensitivity, single or dual point operation, user defined, rewriteable setpoints, attaches easily to moving mass, fail-safe output signal.
- Helps to reduce unanticipated downtime.
- Minimizes unnecessary preventive maintenance.
- Flags appropriate personnel of machine crash.
- Stops production of bad parts as result of miscalibration caused by severe crash.
Eliminate the need for print marks
Using pattern recognition, the SICK ML20 Markless sensor detects the cutting position for label applications without the use of print marks.
This completely new technology provides reliable detection, even with complex images means more freedom when designing packaging while allowing for more efficient utilization of space on the product instead of using unnecessary print marks and place markers.
- Tough metal housing
- Scanning speed of 7 m/s
- Monitor process quality via a Ethernet
- Easy sensor teach-in and alignment
- Reproducibility of 0.6 mm (2 Sigma)
Modular multi-position stop system
The News SFM Slideincludes optional mid-position actuators and adjustable end stops to support diverse applications. Multiple intermediate stopping positions are available, limited only by the length of the slide. The new design allows switches to be mounted at any point along the slide’s travel and offers optional travel adjustment for precise positioning.
Series SFM standards include, a stainless steel band and saddle seal to protect the precision bearing system from dirt and contaminants, as well as port positions and mounting. An optional cap mounted shock absorber to absorb end-of-travel kinetic energy and saddle mounted shock absorbers provide smooth deceleration.SFM Multi-position Slide
Rethink Robotics™creates robots for the manufacturing industry that are different. Robots with Common Sense that anyone can use, any company can afford, and that require no programming. Robots that work side-by-side with people… so employees can do their jobs better and companies can compete more effectively on the global stage.
Baxter™ is a revolutionary new category of robot that is redefining the way robots can be used in manufacturing environments. It performs a variety of simple, yet critical production tasks while safely and intelligently working next to people.
Integrated motion control solutions that work perfectly together
The MELSERVO MR-J4 servo-motion systems offer users the platform to build the next generation machines that require the J-series’ hallmark superior performance mingled with industry operational safety trends, all the while saving users costly energy and precious real-estate. For our valued existing users, the MELSERVO MR-J4 servo motor and amplifier products will be a drop-in replacement for the MR-J3 series products.
- 2500Hz: A stunning industry-leading speed frequency response of
- 2500Hz that greatly reduces setting time (ts)
- 150Mbps SSCNETIII/H: Connectable over the new high speed fiber optic SSCNETIII/h 150Mbps motion network
- Available models: 200Vand 400V from 50W-22kW
- 22bit resolution systems: AC Servomotors equipped with 22bit/~4 Million pulses per rev incremental/absolute encoders
- Advanced tuning algorithms: Advanced One-Touch Auto Tuning function with real time adaptive load control
- Advanced One-Touch Auto Tuning function with real time adaptive load control
- Built in TUV certified safety functions
- Energy/Power Monitor capability
The RCP4 electric cylinders feature longer strokes, faster speeds and larger load capacity.
Equipped with the new high-performance PowerCON drive controller the RCP4 series has improved maximum speeds of up to 1.5 times over previous models.
A new body structure has improve load bearing and stability, doubling the load capacity and extending the obtainable stroke lengths to 500mm. The new design has also greatly reduces backlash and deflection by the guide rod.
The RCP4 is available in 3 slider type sizes and 2 rod type configurations.
Ease of Maintenance
Only one set screw to complete motor replacement
RCP4 Slider-type mounting holes are interchangeable with RCP2 type. The RCP2 can be directly replaced with the RCP4.
With the unique combination of hardware features and software tools, the In-Sight 7010 is the ideal out-of-the-box solution for many straightforward vision applications.
In-Sight® 7010 is an entry level vision system developed specifically for inspection tasks where vision sensors are too limited and a standard vision system may not be cost effective. Every aspect of the In-Sight 7010 has been designed to make deploying a vision system easier than ever before:
For production situations requiring regular part changes, or applications that require the vision system to be placed in hard-to-reach spaces.
In-Sight 7010 offers integrated, field-replaceable white lighting as well as four specific color lights to highlight particular parts or features.
Intuitive EasyBuilder® user interface
Power, flexibility and ease-of-use allow you to program solutions for your own vision applications
The Mitsubishi Packaging Website identifies common packaging challenges and how Mitsubishi Electric solutions are designed to overcome them.
The new piGRIP® bag lips have been developed to handle bags and pouches much better than any other available suction cup on the market, including Piab's own silicone and PU bag cups.
New standars in Automation Technology. The Cube 67 is the modular, distributed I/O System that uniquely combines IP20 and IP67 protection.